Here are some of the ways by which we show the love and mercy of Christ to Raleigh and our regional community:
The Great Commission
We have a burning passion to reach the lost with the message of Jesus Christ and to help those who are in need. This ministry meets on the third Saturdays of each month to canvass the community with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We provide Bible study at several correctional centers throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. This ministry is on hold due to COVID-19.
This outreach effort provides wholesome food for families in the community on the second Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Home & Foreign Mission
This ministry seeks to bless ministries both foreign and domestic. It also provides support for church members who are suffering from financial difficulties.
Proverbs 31:8 instructs us as to how we should approach the issue of abortion:
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves…”
Inspired by these words, our Happy Warriors can be found every Saturday at the local abortion clinic. There they share the gospel of Jesus Christ while providing help and support to women who are afraid and discouraged.
The Happy Warriors’ goal is to reverse the shameful facts regarding abortion, which can be described as nothing less than a devastating genocide against the black community:
- Abortion is the cause of more than 61,000,000 innocent lives in the United States being slaughtered since the 1973 Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade. More than 19 million of those lives lost have been black.
- Black women have a significantly higher abortion rate than whites and Hispanics.
- 40% of all abortions in the U.S. were performed on black women; however, only about 13.3% of the total population is black.
- The founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, called minorities weeds that should be exterminated.
- In her December 10, 1939 response to Dr. Clarence J. Gamble’s memo “Suggestion for Negro Project,” Sanger stated the following: “We do not want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten that idea out if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”
- More than twice as many black babies are aborted each week than have been lynched by the KKK in its entire history.